Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Community Service Work

I decided to focus on the issue of hunger for my community service work. This is a major issue seen across the world, that affects many and is responsible for thousands of deaths every year. What most people don't realize, is that these problems are not only present in rural countries infested with poverty, but are also very present in our local communities in the United States and similar countries.
"Over 500,000 people are at risk of hunger every month. About 38-percent of this number are children"     Read More: http://abclocal.go.com/kgo/story?section=resources/lifestyle_community/community&id=3283664
 I decided to focus my community service efforts more specifically, choosing to contribute my help on the issue of bay area hunger problems. So far, I have helped serve food to the homeless in Berkley, as well as bagging food at a food bank. This is only the start of my efforts, and I plan to continue providing my help where it is needed.

No comments:

Post a Comment